Disney Upbeat Music with Buzz! I continue to work on perfecting my workout set-up of about 45 seconds of exercise (which for me is usually about 20 reps) with 15 seconds of stretching. I managed to throw in 4 or 5 new terms from the Lexicon. My selfie picture taking needs a lot of work but I’ll keep trying. Aloe plants for all who want one.
Try Everything 3:16 Stretch – loosen up
~45 second Exercise (~ 20 reps) – 15 second Stretch –Pause and Drink as needed!
- Raggedy Ann – start in a sumo position with hands laced behind your head, extend right arm down to touch right heel, return to start, extend to left arm down to touch left heel, and then repeat
- Bend Waist Stretch – stand with your feet shoulder width apart bend at the waist backward and then forward move slowly to obtain a good stretch;
- Prayer Squat – a bodyweight squat with hands together clasped in front of chest
- Cherry Pickers (right to left) – stand shoulder-width apart, bend at waist, touch the right foot, touch between feet, touch left foot, and then stand back straight.
- Curls – start with arms relaxed down at the sides of your body with palms facing forward. Keeping your upper arms stable and shoulders relaxed, bend at the elbow and lift the weights so that the dumbbells approach your shoulders. Your elbows should stay tucked in close to your ribs. with arms at your side and legs straight out and then put right leg over left, return to start position and then put left over right
- Cross-Body Arm Stretch – Left, right, and then Michael Phelps arm swings
I’ll Make a Man 3:21
- Hillbillies – hands behind head in upright, standing position bring same knee to same side elbow then switch sides
- Triangle Stretch – Lower your right hand down to your shin or ankle. The left shoulder stacks on the right one as you open your chest, reaching your left fingertips upward. Gaze upward.
- Superman – Lying face down on ground with arms and legs lifted off the ground
- Prone Spinal Twist – start by lying face down on ground with arms at side and legs straight and then cross left leg while keeping right side of body and shoulders on the floor, then repeat with right leg;
- Imperial Walkers – hands behind head in upright, standing position bring opposite knee to elbow then switch sides
- Head Circles – Roll to left and return to center. Roll to right and return to center.
Hakuna Matata 3:33
- Windshield wipers – laying on back with legs straight in the air and then rotate legs to the left then back to center and then to the right
- Lying Stretch – lay flat on your back stretch out arms and legs
- Jane Fondas – while balanced on your side laying down lift upper leg up and down then switch sides
- Supines* – Sit up executed laying flat on back, legs flat on ground, reach through and touch toes and roll back down. (Supine Spinal Stretch)
- Heel Beats – Lay on back with legs lifted off the ground then beat heals together out and in
- Child’s Pose – With your hands and knees on the ground, sink back through your hips to rest on your heels. Hinge at your hips as you fold forward, walking your hands out in front of you.
Shut Up and Drive 3:32
- Bicycle – starting on back with legs bent at 45 degrees, hands behind head, alternate touching right elbow to left knee, and then opposite
- Reverse Rocking Chair – Face-down position with feet up in the air, knees bent, curl in to your legs, and hold your hands around your ankles then start rocking to get a good stretch
- Boat Canoe – Seated V-position (boat) and then extend back and legs out to straight(canoe)
- Trunk Twist – Bring both knees up and keep your feet flat on the ground then just rotate your knees to one side trying to keep your upper body flat on the ground and then switch to the other.
- Unicycle* – Flat on back, bring legs to chest, then legs straight into the air flex feet, then slowly bring legs straight down to the floor but not touching then back to chest. That is one rep.
- Butterfly Stretch – Seated position with legs extended then bring feet together and towards you while trying to put knees down
Let It Go 3:44
- Windmills – standing position feet wider than shoulder width apart arms straight out then touch toes opposite hand to foot
- Arm Circles – small forward; small back; large forward; large back
- LBC (Little Baby Crunches)– on back in sit-up form, but shoulders only come slightly off ground
- Bridge up – start in a crab walk position facing upwards with knees bent about shoulder width apart and then push-up to a bridge
- Calf raises – Stand up straight, then push through the balls of your feet and raise your heel until you are standing on your toes. Then lower slowly back to the start.
- Foot Stretch – sitting with legs out straight, pull toes forward and then roll feet around
One Jump Ahead 2:22
- Monkey Humpers – squat while holding on to ankles and move your rear up and down
- Mad Cat/ Cow/ Cobra – start by kneeling in a face down position with arms shoulder width apart touching the floor and then slowly arch back up
- Mountain Climbers – start in a straight arm plank position bringing one knee up alternating in a climbing motion
- Shoulder Shrugs – up and down, forward and back
Life is a Highway 4:35
- Pretzel Crunch – start in a sit-up position with left foot on right knee then with left arm straight out and your right arm behind your head bring your right elbow to left knee and then back down, Switch sides and repeat
- Crunch Stretch – ?
- Ankle Biter – laying on back with legs bent feet on the floor and hands down at side, bend to the right side touch right ankle and then bend to the left side ankle
- Frog Pose Stretch – start with hands under your shoulders and knees below your hips while facing down and slowly move your knees outward
- Pretzel Stick* – Pretzel crunch except with legs straight out and cross one foot onto the opposite knee. Upper body is the same as a pretzel crunch. Switch sides and repeat.
- Turkish Get Up* – Laying on back, use only one arm and your legs to “get up” to a standing position
Go the Distance 3:14 Laps: 1 = jog; Standing Leg Stretch;
2 = length- lunges, ends- Lt Dan’s squat/lunge
- Lt Dan’s– 1 squat + 4 walking lunges; reps continue with an increasing 1:4 ratio
I’ve Got a Dream 3:11
- Captain Thor – 1 sit-up + 4 Russian Twists; reps continue with an increasing 1:4 ratio (Russian Twists – seated in partial sit-up position with heels off the ground twist at the waist so that both hands held together touch the ground on the right then left side with or without weights)
- Knee to Chest Stretch – Flat on your back stretch out arms and legs and then put arms at sides while bringing one knee at a time to chest
- Peter Parker – Plank position move left knee up to left elbow and then right knee up to right elbow with feet flexed, looks like Spider Man
- Leg Stretch (Flutter Kick/Dolly) – Flat on your back with arms at side and legs up 6 inches, move feet up and down, and then side to side
- Reverse Crunch – Same position as LBC with head on the ground and then bend knees to 45 degrees and curl to chest
- Rocking Chair Stretch – Seated position with feet on the floor, knees up, curl in to your legs, and hold your hands in front of your ankles then start rocking to get a good stretch
A Whole New World 2:40
- Plank (~1min)
- Runner’s Lunge Stretch – Step your right foot forward between your hands. Lower your left knee, and – keeping the right knee in place – slide the left one back. Then sweep arms overhead.
- Tricep Chop
- Down Back Arm Stretches
Part of Your World(played softly) 3:15 Closing Stretches
COT – Not your ordinary princess! Little things can grow and multiply … the story of my aloe plant.