Tour of Fowler Park Work Out
Start on the Grassy Knoll (by the planted FiA flag).
Warm Up – High Knees, Arm Circles, Other Direction, Windmills in cadence to 10, jumping jacks
Leave Mats & Weights here –
Run the path to the Stone Circle – Choose a slice of the “pie”, do the exercise on the cone, rotate to the left after each exercise. 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest
- RT lunge
- LFT lunge
- Jump squats
- Hop Scotch (jump with legs wide, hop on one foot, legs wide, hop on other foot)
Lap around the Play Ground until we arrived at the benches.
Sit ‘n Stands on the benches – 45 seconds
Finish the lap and run to the Pavilion – find a picnic table to use for your exercises…
- step ups – RT lead
- step ups – LFT lead
- incline push ups
- tricep dips
Run back to the Grassy Knoll – 45 seconds each
- Russian twist
- Turkish Get Up – Laying on back, hold weight up, use only one arm and your legs to “get up” to a standing position – SAME ARM up each time
- Bicep curls
- Tricep extensions
- Flys (while lying down)
Run the path to small pavilion – if you come to a drawing on the ground – do a burpee
Arrive at small Pavilion – here we switched to 20-30 seconds for each exercise because we were running out of time!
- sit on end of picnic table – gas pumpers with legs hanging off
- sit on end of picnic table – bicycle your legs
- standing up – RT knee pump
- standing up – LFT knee pump
Run to that other building – do burpee when you come to a drawing on the path. 30 seconds each.
- wall sit
- toe kickers – pick a line on the brick wall, alternating tapping it with your toe
Run to the other small pavilion – do burpee at drawings on the path
- plank hold – 30 seconds
Run back to the flag at the Grassy Knoll – do burpee at drawings on path (I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MANY DRAWINGS THERE WERE!!)
30 seconds each
- Big Girl Sit Ups
- Turkish Get Up – Laying on back, hold weight up, use only one arm and your legs to “get up” to a standing position – OTHER ARM up this time
- Hammer curls
- Upright rows – lead with the elbows up
- Reverse Flys (standing up)
- Unicycles (both legs do the motion at the same time)
Now we cool down! During our cool down Broadway shared an impromptu Mother’s Day thought which made a great COT and I also shared these quotes about travel which can also be applied to working out.
“If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet, he said.” – Rachel Wolchin
“Little by little, one travels far.” – J.R.R. Tolkein
“It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” – anonymous
I’m thankful for the weekend crew who was beside me today!