Today at 6am, we launched the new (trial) AO called Rosewater, at Sharon Springs Park! “Rose” from Rose of Sharon, and “water” from Springs 🙂
While everyone stretched on their own, I introduced myself, welcomed everyone and talked some about FiA, and shared the disclaimer! Since I knew we would have several FNGs, in this Beatdown I decided I would familiarize them with some of the common routines and exercises that we typically do at any given FiA workout, giving them a taste of a bunch of different things we do, while enjoying some 90s music!
We started off with some warmups together IN CADENCE.
- 10 cherry pickers (L to R)
- 10 grass grabbers (front to back)
- 10 windmills
- 5 jumping jacks
- 7s with monkey humpers & star jumps, running down to a cone and back between the two exercises
- On our mats – Ascending numbers – 5 skiers (L/R), 10 renegade rows (L/R), 15 glute bridges, 20 jump ropes, 25 Russian twists (L/R)
- Dora’s with 100 boy bands between two partners, taking turns running down to a farther cone and back
- 4 corners:
- Started with mat exercises (5 BGSs, 5 ankle biters, 5 crunchy frogs, 5 walk the planks): then did walking lunge over to the second corner, carrying our weights
- weight exercises (5 bicep curls, 5 gun shows each side, 5 Jell-O shots L/R, 5 wood chops each side); then did high knees over to the next corner
- 5 speed skaters, 5 hillbillies, 5 Wranglers (Good mornings/Squats); then did butt kicks to the final corner
- Jedi Jacks (Series of Jacks 5 ways, 5 each: Regular Jacks, Seal Jacks, Soldier Jacks, Smurf Jacks and Scissor Jacks); side-shuffled back to the mats in the first corner
At the mats, we did a few more random exercises to boot:
- 10 overhead presses
- 10 tricep extensions
- 10 side arm raises
- 15 mountain climbers
Finished up with What Does the Fox Say? – Indian-style LBCs, Bicycles during chorus
Everyone stretched and cooled down while I shared the COT:
I was thinking about how FiA produces strength for our bodies, but ultimately the Lord our God is our Strength – for not only our bodies, but also for our minds and our spirits.
 O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love.
Our Creator and Savior God so loves us, strengthens us, and keeps us, in every way!!! We can always run to Him and stay in Him, no matter what comes our way, He is our fortress. We can remember that today, if in any moment we ever feel weakness or fear or worry!
I prayed in closing.
We named our FNGs and finished off with Name-o-rama!
Announcements I shared –
- I’m what’s called the site-Q, responsible for managing this particular AO, so if you have any qu let me know!! But there are also other veteran FiA here, so feel free to ask them any questions about FiA as well! Websites have info too
- CofFiA every 1st Wed! Please fill out FNG forms on your phones, may be added to FB, 2nd timers added to Slack for day-to-day communication!
- Other AOs: MWF 5:30 – MUD Room (Halcyon); Tues & Thurs 5:30 – Avalanche (Avalon), Bootcamp Beatdowns on Tues & Run/Walk/Ruck on Thurs; Sat 8:00 – The Coop (Fowler)
- FiAlanthropy opps! Boys and girls homes
- Social events! Diff homes/venues, sometimes including spouses/families
- Convergences! Workouts with other FiA regions, or the men counterparts to FiA (F3 – Fitness, Fellowship, Faith) or with 2.0s (our children)
Enjoyed some CofFiA-tailgating! It was a lot of fun, and the 3 FNGs are here to stay, woohoo!