09/27/2020 - the_coop - Texas Picnic Workout
Number of Pax: 2
Number of FNGS: 0
All the exercises today involved the picnic tables under the small pavilion at The Coop. We made this a Texas picnic by adding a playlist of songs that all mention Texas, my beloved home state. (Now you know how I got my FiA name!)
We started with a warm up – INCH WORMS, shallow squats, ARM CIRCLES, pickers front back and side to side, BUTT KICKERS. It got real warm, real quick – just like a real Texas picnic!
Next we got down to business with the picnic table workout (45 seconds for each exercise with 15 seconds of rest in between):
- Step Ups – Round 1 – we alternated legs, Round 2 and 3, we did one leg as the “lead” at a time.
- Sit to Stand – This is where you squat and tap your backside on the picnic table seat each time.
- Box Jumps – We did NOT box jump onto the picnic table seats. That just seemed dangerous. Round 1 – we did box jumps on the solid ground. Round 2 and 3 – this is where we did our alternate leg for Step Ups
- Single Leg Plyometrics – Here is where you step up on the seat and give a little hop before stepping back down. Each leg got its own 45 second session during each round.
- Single Leg Lunge – elevate that back leg on the picnic table seat and lunge. Each leg got its own 45 second session during each round.
- Plyometric Push-Ups – lean on the picnic table top, push up and catch some air at the top each time. These get hard, y’all!
- Tricep Dips – Do I need to explain? Ok, if you insist. Hands on bench seat, feet out in front with knees bent, bend and straighten elbows to move your bum up and down and work those triceps.
- Glute Bridge – (How do you even spell “glute”?) In this one you lie on your mat and put your feet on the picnic table seat. Raise and lower your booty. We’ll feel that tomorrow!
- V-Sit Bicycles – Sit on top of the table, butt close to the edge. Lean back on your hands with elbows bent behind you. Then bicycle your legs out into thin air.
- Hanging Leg Reverse Curl – still sitting on the table with your backside near the edge. Hold on tight to the sides of the table and let your legs hang down. Lift your knees up to your chest and lower over and over and over and over.
We did these 10 exercises for 3 rounds.
After the FIRST ROUND, we each completed our Big Girl Push Up Challenge.
After SECOND ROUND, we did 5 burpees.
As we finished cooling down and stretching, the Texas playlist came to a perfectly timed end.
For our COT, we reflected on these 3 picnic quotes and how they remind us that everything (from a picnic to a workout to a regular ol’ fall day) can be better when we approach it with a positive attitude and good friends.
“Every day is a picnic when you’re with friends.”
“A picnic is a state of mind and can be made anywhere.”
“You bring your own weather to the picnic.”