We circled up our mats in the stony medallion area and stretched while I shared the disclaimer…(Btw I realized I never informed Lovebird about having FiA nicknames so she was very confused when I greeted Sonic Boom when she arrived, then Flip Flops, Broadway, Queso, and Signs LOL) We then started with some Warmups together IN CADENCE:
- 10 cherry pickers (L to R)
- 10 grass grabbers (front to back)
- 10 windmills
- 5 jumping jacks
- 7s with monkey humpers & star jumps, running down to a cone and back between the two exercises (I had dispersed cones all around the path around the playground, and we spread out, each at a different cone)
- Back to our mats – Ascending numbers – 5 skiers (L/R), 10 renegade rows (L/R), 15 glute bridges, 20 jump ropes, 25 Russian twists (L/R)
- Dora’s with 100 boy bands between two partners, taking turns running around the playground and back
- 4 corners:
- Started with mat exercises (10 BGSs, 10 ankle biters, 10 crunchy frogs, 10 walk the planks); then did walking lunge over to the second corner (under the nearby pavilion), carrying our weights
- weight exercises under the pavilion (10 bicep curls, 10 gun shows each side, 10 Jell-O shots L/R, 10 wood chops each side); then ran over to the next corner, the far pavilion
- Exercises under the second pavilion (10 speed skaters, 10 hillbillies, 10 Wranglers (Good mornings/Squats)); then ran back to the original pavilion for the final corner
- Jedi Jacks under the first pavilion (Series of Jacks 5 ways, 10 each: Regular Jacks, Seal Jacks, Soldier Jacks, Smurf Jacks and Scissor Jacks); ran back to the mats
Everyone stretched and cooled down while I shared the COT:
FiA fosters strong women, and the Bible describes a woman whose strength is God in Proverbs 31:25 –
She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
May we find our strength in the Lord, that we would not fear or fret or worry, esp in the midst of all the uncertainty before us and around us in these days!
We named Lovebird and finished off with Name-o-rama!