For this workout, I Googled “outdoor workout” and stumbled upon a link to Shape.com where it was all laid out! A welcome and lucky find! The ever faithful Titanium and Queso joined me & called me out as I over-promised and under-delivered on the “fun” of the beatdown! But in 33 degrees, we still broke a sweat & started Hump Day off right!
Warm Up: 3 drills of jogging forward about half a basketball court and jogging backward to the start, lateral hops the same distance and back, and side shuffles
1. 20 Side Leaps (extended Bonnie Blairs) – hop as far as you can from side to side, keeping non-landing foot in the air as you do
2. Tricep dips on bench – 15 reps
3. Park Bench Push-ups: 12 incline push-ups on with hands on bench; 8 decline push-ups with feet on bench
4. Tightrope Walk: stand on curb as if balance beam, walk across “tightrope” with arms out (go at least 6 feet and then turn on balls of feet) back and forth for 3 minutes
5. Side Shuffle – take three giant steps to the side in a lateral squat, then jump up, turning to face 180 degrees, and take three more giant steps with other leg, still going same direction; continue for 1 minute
6. Side Step Crunch – stand with one foot on curb, corresponding arm up in a goal post position, bring lower leg up toward elbow of raised arm to do a standing crunch (emphasize bringing knee up rather than elbow down) – 12 reps per side
7. Around the world step ups – alternate step ups on a bench with non-stepping leg lifted behind, angled, and to the side – continue for 2 minutes
8. Hanging Crunch – find monkey bars or pull up bar; hang and lift legs up into a crunch – 12 reps
9. Slalom Jump – jump side to side with feet together for 1 minute
10. Long jumps – jump distance of your mat forward, then shuffle backward – 10 reps
11. Push-ups – 10 reps
12. Sumo squats – 15 reps
13. Burpees – 15 reps
14. Bicycle Crunches – 20 reps
15. Mountain Climbers – 20 reps
We finished with calling out an extra ab exercise each and then stretching.
CoT: I start a new job Monday and have been tempted to not work as hard in my last week of the old job. But the Lord reminded me of Luke 16:10; that he who is faithful in the little things will be faithful in the big things. May we go forth, always praising the One who is faithful in all things!