Low & Slow workout today, but still impactful! I need to slow down and pay attention to my body, how about you? We went back to basics, focused on form, and paid attention to our movements.
After a warm up, we did the following low impact exercises for 45 sec with 15 seconds rest in between.
1. High Knees – the less you jump, the higher your knees can go!
2. Low Impact Jacks – arms up!
4. Knee repeater right (with or without weight in hands)
5. Knee repeater left
7. Bicep curls
9. Russian Twist
10. 7 squats – 7 pulses (alternate for 45 seconds)
11. 7 lunges – 7 pulses – right
12. 7 lunges – 7 pulses – left
13. Bicycle crunch
14. Side arm raise
15. Front arm raise
16. Shoulder press
18. Fire hydrant with weight – right
19. Fire hydrant with weight – left
When I am stressed out, I get preoccupied, don’t pay attention to my body because I’m all in my head and then I end up with unexplained bruises and dumb injuries.
The “fix” (at least the best I’ve found) is to be present in the moment and pay attention to what I am doing with my body, thus the low and slow workout today.
Psalm 46:10 inspires me in this pursuit. Here it is in 3 different versions:
NIV – Be still and know that I am God.
NASB – Cease striving and know that I am God.
The Message – Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.