04/23/2021 - the_mud_room - HOLD IT!
AO: The M.U.D room
Number of Pax: 9
Number of FNGS: 0
Breezy, Salsa, Buzz, Broadway, UHaul, Chief, HoneyBear, SonicBOOM, Miyagi
HOLD IT! (A Q full of ballet and other stretch-y stuff)
Warm-up w/ Disclaimer!!!
Barre (Chair): Stand tall, Shoulders Down, tighten core
- 1st position Plié – Grande Plié – Plié – straight
- 2nd position Lift to toes, Plié, Straighten, Heels down
- 4th position Point front foot, Plié, shift and point back foot
- Standing on one foot, swing other foot front to back (30 sec), Stop in front, HOLD IT for 30 sec
- Same but swing to side (30 seconds), Stop at side, HOLD IT for 30 sec
- Same but swing front to back (30 seconds), Stop in back, HOLD IT for 30 sec
- On one foot with other leg extended: circle from front to side to back, bend knee through to the front for a count of 30, then HOLD IT for 10 seconds each: Front, Side, and back.
Change sides and repeat the swing & HOLD
Standing Away from chair:
- Parallel Pliés raising arms above head
- Stand with legs wide, arms over head: slowly transfer weight to side lunges while leaning body & arms, then straighten. Alternate sides.
- Feet together, raise onto toes then lower, while bringing arms to front, then to-back (Squeeze and release shoulders) “like a Swan”
- Flex knees, arms extended: alternating leaning to R & L making “S” to “T” to “S” with arms
On mat: “Table top” position do each for 30 seconds then HOLD IT for 30
- Extend opposite arm and leg, then tuck (Repeat: other side)
- Cat/Cow stretch
- Extend opposite arm and leg, then rotate to side & back (Repeat Both sides)
- Cat/Cow stretch
- Straight side plank, extending arm from side to overhead (Repeat Both sides)
- Cobra stretch between sides
On back: (upside down “Table Top”)
- Legs extended straight up: criss-cross ankles front, back, then open legs
- Legs extended straight up: reach (crunch) with straight arms to alternating sides
- Pull in knees, hug, then extend as far as you can
- Bridge 30 seconds up/down, then rise to toes and HOLD IT 30 seconds
Alternating “fall-back” tricep kicks (8 each side), Alternating full-circle knee crosses (8 each side). FINAL: Seated “Rockettes”
Stand: Alternating curtsey lunges & gracious bows
Stretch and discuss how graceful and strong and tall and beautiful you are now.