Though this morning I mentioned I love celebrating any holidays just for fun (and having an excuse to create Q’s with a theme!🤪💃🏻), I admit that I did not do absolutely any research regarding Cinco de Mayo, shame on me!!!🤔🤭 So before I go on, here’s a blurb I saw that a FB friend of mine had posted today, complete with an educational link, FYI!
My yearly reminder that Cinco De Mayo is not Mexican Independence day (That’s Sept 16th). It’s the celebration of the Mexican beating the French when out number 3 to 1 in the Battle of Puebla in 1862. This day is celebrated mainly in the city of Puebla and some how in the U$A 😉.
So enjoy the culture but understand the real reason. https://youtu.be/tJmlUljRWDw
With that said…..this morning I was just celebrating the Latino culture in my Q 😜, with a Spanish pop music playlist and a few salsa-type and circle dance exercises, to warm up😬
After some stretching, did the themed Warm-ups:
In Spanish cadence! [diez (10) each]
- Running in place with claps on count, stepping/hopping left to right after each count
- 3-step Curtsy lunges w. “skirt whip” on count
- Salsa step right forward/center/center/count, left back/center/center/count
- Salsa hip-throw forward, center, back, center (10 right foot, 10 left foot)
Group circle “dances”
- Arms up, side-step in one direction facing into the circle
- Switch direction, Arms half-up, facing out of the circle
- Grapevine into center, then grapevine out
That Thang – after the themed warm-ups, we just went into a completely dance-unrelated grueling series of exercises, burning out our muscles, particularly our arms, legs, and abs🥵
Weight training, 30sec each, 10sec rest in between:
- Bicep curls
- Overhead tricep curls
- Overhead press
- Side raises
- Reverse chest press
Arm-ageddon (Arm series), 30sec each, 10sec rest in between:
- Arm circles forward
- Arm circles backward
- Touchdown (Arms straight up and then down to chest level)
- Arms straight back
- Arms press together (and around back)
- Overhead press
Short Partner work:
One partner Bear-crawled around the circle inside the group/mats, while other partner did Peter Parkers on her mat, then they switched. (Skipped Crawl bears/Parker Peters😜)
- 1 squat, 4 walking lunges. Reps continued with an increasing 1:4 ratio for a given time – 2 squats, 8 lunges. 3 squats, 12 lunges. Etc. At the end, PAX feel like “they ain’t got no legs”! Went back and forth across the parking deck, at our own pace. We all went up to about 7 or 8 squats, and I stopped the crew at that!
- 25 Fold the tacos!
- Captain Thor. 1 Sit-up, 4 Russian Twists. Continued to increase reps with a 1:4 ratio for a given time. We stopped at about 7 or 8 sit-ups again.
- Cut it out. 20 flutter kicks, 20 full scissor kicks up and down, 20 dollies.
Did Cooldown and stretched it out individually as I shared (below)….
When I think of the Latino culture, I think of dancing and music, and praising God with it all! This brought me to the Scripture, Psalm 150:
Let Everything Praise the LORD
 Praise the LORD!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
 Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
 Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
 Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD!
May we always praise the Lord with our everything, for He is good, faithful, loves us, and takes care of us!
Finished off with announcements and Name-o-Rama. Snapped some group photos, and then off to Thousand Hills Coffee we went, to enjoy some well-earned, yummy coffee beverages, for the very first early-opening weekly Wednesday CofFiA!! The folks there were super, and it was a BLAST, do hope more and more PAX come out to join and enjoy this fantastic, yummy time of fun and fellowship with some stellar ladies!