Finishing up August with a Back to School workout. Warmup together of “Copying notes and passing notes”- everyone did windmills, while we passed around 2 jumping jacks. (meant to do 5- oops)
After that we ran/walked around the lot one time.
We then proceeded to “switch classes” between different areas of the lot (near and far) and field
At lot: We started with MATH class at our mats, by doing some addition, making sums of 12 with pairs of exercises.
- 1 burpee + 11 floor tricep dips
- 2 Merkins (push-ups) + 10 mountain climbers (L/R is one)
- 3 BGSs + 9 LBCs
- 4 speed skaters + 8 Raggedy Anns (L/R is one)
- 5 cross jacks + 7 plank jacks
- 6 Imperial walkers + 6 pendulum squats (L/R is one)
FAR END: we ran/walked to far end for HISTORY class, learning about “wars.”
- Toy Soldiers, up the sidewalk and around to the other side of the low wall where we lined up along the wall
- AMRAP (“as many reps as possible,” until I said stop) Military Step-ups on the wall
- AMRAP Soldier jacks – jumping jack, but legs move front to back (not side to side)
We did side shuffle back to our mats where our weights were, for SPANISH class. We counted our weight training reps in Spanish! And even some in French!
- 10 Bicep curls
- 10 Tricep curls
- 10 Overhead press
- 10 Reverse flys
We ran/walked around the green again to get back to our mats, for SCIENCE class, where we learned about animals. 45 seconds on.
- AMRAP Seal jacks
- AMRAP Monkey humpers
- AMRAP Kangaroos (4 high knees, squat down and touch the ground)
- AMRAP Donkey kicks
- AMRAP Narwhals (switch sides at command)
- AMRAP Crunchy Frogs
AT FIELD: Next was PE, starting with Track, by walking/running to field.
- Dribbling imaginary soccer balls, weaving thru cones
- Circled up and did Basketball/ free throw shots, 10 each side
- 10 Volleyball squats – squat with arms for a volleyball dig.
- Cheerleading: 10 Star jumps
- One more run, to pick up the cones
Finally we went back to our mats to finish the school day with English class, doing some ab exercises.
- On your back, Spell out your whole name with your raised legs stuck together
- AMRAP Making exclamation points: leg-raise, then dot the exclamation point with asky-kick, lower legs down, then repeat.
- AMRAP making Spanish exclamation points (more like a reverse crunch)
- AMRAP “Erasing the board,” with legs together, sweep them horizontally back and forth, lowering and raising as you go
- Windshield wipers
We then participated in some After-school Extra-curriculars:
- Run the “bases” for a baseball game, around the parking lot
- Swimming across the lot back and forth – freestyle, backstroke
We had an FNG today, Jennifer, who is Flying J. Isn’t that a cool name?!
We finished up with Stretching/Cooldown together.
COT about learning…
The Bible says in Proverbs 9:9 –
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
The message is: Be a life-long learner – always humbly learning and willing to learn…in life, character, academics, sports, skills, God, the Bible, and people!